VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: ASSOCIATE EDITOR, INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY WATCHPublished on 20 July 2007 @ 9:49 am
By William New, Intellectual Property Watch
Intellectual Property Watch is seeking an Associate Editor to assist with reporting, writing and publishing stories on international intellectual property policymaking at the Geneva-based United Nations institutions and World Trade Organization, as well as elsewhere in the world. Closing date: 3 August 2007.
The Associate Editor’s primary responsibility is to assist the Editor-in-Chief in reporting, writing and editing stories and features, and to oversee publication. S/he also carries out research, compiles data and checks facts for articles.
The Associate Editor also maintains a global network, including through covering a wide variety of meetings and events. Some international travel is required. S/he also oversees some web content, organising for instance the translations of IP-Watch reporting.
The Associate Editor also provides assistance in administrative matters (including assisting on databases and managing interns). S/he is a flexible, self-motivated and dynamic person with a proven ability to take initiative and work with minimum supervision in a very small team.
- Minimum of 5 years of extensive writing experience (in journalism or policy analysis) and excellent copyediting skills; press credentials preferred
- Master’s degree (or equivalent professional experience) in international journalism, international relations, public policy, development policy or international law
- Prior experience in publishing regular reports and/or news services
- Prior experience or interest in working in the non-profit sector
- Experience in retrieving data from the web and using IT tools, including knowledge of graphic/web design and maintenance
- Excellent organisational skills
- High professional standards and presentation skills
- Reliable, dynamic and able to work independently and under pressure when meeting tight deadlines
- Strong interest in the fields of intellectual property and international trade
- Ability and willingness to be part of a very small team in a young and rapidly evolving organisation
- Candidates from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply
- Swiss or EC nationality or valid Swiss work permit preferred
- English essential, French and Spanish strong assets
Employment rate: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
Submit CV and two writing samples via email to: email@example.com
Fax: 4122 791 6635
Mail: Intellectual Property Watch
1211 Geneva 2